We want to see our students growing deep in the knowledge of God and at the same time equipped with practical skills that they can use in their daily walk with Christ.
We’re excited to offer a variety of teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. The bulk of the teaching will be covered by our school director, Bryan Neisteter. Bryan holds an M. Div. from Providence Theological Seminary and a B.A. (Youth Leadership) from Providence College. He has taught in youth groups and churches across the prairies, and has also served as a sessional instructor at Eston College (SK). Some of our guest instructors for the coming year include:
- Dr. Randy Holm, (New Testament Overview), Dr. Holm brings with him over 20 years of teaching experience and we are so excited to have him joining us for a week this year!
- Terry Caron, Pastor at Eglise Evangelique Du Temiscamingue in Lorrainville, Quebec (Father’s Heart). Terry’s week of teaching has been a highlight for our students in GMDS and we are grateful to have him come again.
- A number of Gospel Mission Church staff including Pastor Claude Lainey, Jonathon & Julie Wiebe, Brad Driedger, Kris Kenemy, and Jim Hildebrandt.
- Others who specialize in different areas and will come in to teach for a day. (Last year we brought in speakers to talk about Human Trafficking, Indigenous issues, Biblical Sexuality, and street ministry).
We encourage you to check out our detailed description of classes for a better look at what we’ll be covering. Please note that while there will be some tweaking of these classes for the 2022-2023 year, overall they will give you a good idea of the kind of things you should expect to be learning.
GMDS Class List 2021-2022
Our classes are generally offered in one week segments with a few exceptions. They are listed here in order of subject grouping, not in the order that they will necessarily be taught. (There will be a few tweaks in the schedule but they will be minor).
Foundations of Spiritual Growth
- Abiding in Christ
- The Father’s Heart & Spiritual Sonship
- Hearing God’s Voice
- Discipleship: Studies in Matthew (2 weeks)
- Encountering the Bridegroom God
- The Life of David: Becoming a Man/Woman after God’s Own Heart
- Encountering Jesus in John and Revelation
Revival and Intercession
- Revival and Intercession
- Revival History
- Holy Spirit Week
Foundations of Ministry
- Lifestyle Evangelism
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Biblical Social Justice
- The Church: Gifts, Serving, Calling
- Leadership: Becoming a Person of Influence
- Basics of Teaching and Leading Bible Studies
- Healthy Relationships 1: Walking in Community
- Healthy Relationships 2: Dating, Marriage, Singleness
- Stewarding Your Life
Biblical and Theological Foundations
- Knowing God
- Bible Overview 1: Old Testament
- Bible Overview 2: New Testament
- Studying and Interpreting the Bible
- Introduction to the End Times
- Contemporary Doctrinal Issues